Rental Property Tax Return

Maximize your rental property tax deductions and save on taxes with Tax Savers' professional Rental Property Tax Return services.

5 Star Customer Reviews

Abdur and team were great. Very efficient, communicative and great value for money. Highly recommend

- Rental Property Tax Return -

Understanding Your Tax Obligations as a Rental Property Owner

Owning a rental property can be a lucrative investment, but it also comes with its own set of tax obligations. As a landlord, you are required to report your rental income and expenses on your tax return. Failure to do so can result in penalties and interest charges from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

Rental Property Tax Return with Tax Savers Accountants

At Tax Savers, we understand the complexities of rental property tax returns and can help ensure that you comply with all relevant tax laws while maximizing your tax deductions. Our team of experienced professionals and individual tax return accountants are well-versed in the tax rules and regulations that apply to rental properties and can provide tailored tax solutions that meet your unique needs.

Tax Savers can assist with a wide range of rental property tax matters, including:

  • Rental income and expenses: We can help you accurately calculate your rental income and expenses, including deductions for repairs and maintenance, insurance, property management fees, and more.
  • Depreciation schedules: We can prepare depreciation schedules that outline the value of your rental property assets over time, maximizing your tax deductions and helping you save money.
  • Capital gains tax: If you sell your rental property, you may be subject to capital gains tax. Our team can provide expert advice on the tax implications of selling your property and help you minimize your tax liability.

Why Choose Tax Savers for Rental Property Tax Return Services?

At Tax Savers, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and personalized solutions that meet your unique needs. Our team of tax accountants are highly skilled and knowledgeable and are committed to providing you with the highest level of professionalism and expertise. We also provide services like company tax returns, sole trader returns, small business bookkeeping services and much more.

So stop searching “tax return accountant near me“. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist with your rental property tax return needs. With Tax Savers, you can rest assured that your tax affairs are in good hands.

Frequently Ask Questions

You can claim deductions for expenses that are incurred in the process of earning rental income, such as property management fees, repairs and maintenance, insurance, advertising for tenants, council rates and land tax. It is important to keep accurate records and only claim for legitimate expenses.

Yes, rental income must be declared on your tax return. This includes any income received from renting out a property, such as rent, bond payments and rental-related payments like water usage and electricity.

Depreciation is the gradual decrease in the value of an asset over time. In rental properties, depreciation can be claimed for the cost of the building, furniture, and fittings. A qualified quantity surveyor can prepare a depreciation schedule to help maximize your deductions.

A capital gain is the profit made when you sell an asset, including a rental property. Capital gains tax (CGT) may apply to the sale of a rental property and is calculated on the difference between the sale price and the original purchase price, less any expenses incurred in buying or selling the property.

No, expenses cannot be claimed for a rental property that is not yet rented out. However, expenses incurred during the process of preparing a property for rent, such as repairs and maintenance, can be claimed.

If you make a mistake on your rental property tax return, you should contact the ATO as soon as possible. Depending on the severity of the mistake, you may be required to pay penalties and interest charges.

Records must be kept for at least five years from the date of lodgment of your tax return. This includes records of rental income, expenses, and any capital gains or losses.

Yes, you can claim a deduction for travel expenses related to your rental property, such as inspection and maintenance costs. However, there are specific rules and limitations that apply, so it is important to seek professional advice.

Negative gearing is when the expenses of owning a rental property exceed the income received from it. This can result in a loss, which can be offset against other income for tax purposes. However, negative gearing is a complex area of tax law and professional advice should be sought.

At Tax Savers, we can provide expert advice and assistance with all aspects of your rental property tax return, including calculating rental income and expenses, preparing depreciation schedules, and minimizing your tax liability. Contact us today to learn more.

Yes, Tax Savers offers Rental Property Tax Return services in Werribee and Melbourne. Our expert accountants can help you maximize your deductions and stay compliant with the tax laws. Contact us for a free consultation.

what Service we offer

We help you see the world differently, discover opportunities you may never have imagined and achieve results that bridge what is with what can be.

Individual Tax

Business Tax

Business Registration

Business Advisory


Loan & Finance

Financial Planning